Although the Z30000 is billed as a 3D projector, it performs exceptionally well as in standard 2D mode. Its prowess is particularly noticeable in the impressive shadow detail and stellar black level performance it provides. In other words, the image quality is well above average for a single-chip DLP projector.
What’s more, the Z30000 offers a robust feature set, including useful lens shift capabilities, a 2:1 zoom ratio, adjustable 3D specs and long-lasting lamp performance. Compared to 3D single-chip released today, the Z30000 holds its own, and certainly offers some unique specs that many home theater enthusiasts will appreciate.
Sharp XV-Z30000: What It Does Well
The Sharp Z30000 was designed with some useful image processing features that enable the projector to deliver stellar 2D and 3D images. 3D performance for the projector isn’t best-in-class, as the images aren’t quite bright enough to counter higher ambient lighting. But it performs well in 3D, particularly in darkened theater environments. Some of its image quality specs include:
- High Contrast Ratio, Dual Irises: The Z30000’s high quality image performance is thanks to a range of technology. First, it’s built with dual irises that deliver some of the best black levels for the price. Secondly, the high contrast ratio of 50,000:1 maximizes shadow detail. In effect, the dark images are expressive, crisp and clear, and overall image sharpness, regardless of color, is very good.
- Adjustable 3D Specs: The Z30000 entered the market when 3D was still nascent in 2012. As a 3D projector, it offers a robust list of 3D features, including 2 sets of 3D glasses, a 3D emitter and adjustable settings. For example, operators can turn off 3D for those who don’t want to watch in 3D, while leaving it on for others. Overall, the high frequency rates create powerful 3D images, but unfortunately, the images become too dim when the screen is above about 100 feet or in higher ambient lighting.
- High-Speed Color Wheel: The Z30000 is equipped with a 6-segment, 5X color wheel. In general, home theater projectors tend to range from 4X to 6X speed color wheels. At 5X, the Z30000 projector greatly eliminates the rainbow effect, and it’s rarely visible. It’s certainly performs better in this regard compared to 4X projectors.
The year the Z30000 was released it was included on a number of Best Of lists, and it’s certainly a premium projector. But with a price of $3,199, it’s not cheap and might not deliver the image and 3D quality that demand that price point. Even so, the projector does offer a range of specs and features, including:
- Lens Shift
- 1,600 Lumens
- 2,000 to 5,000 Hours Lamp Life
- 1080p Full HD Native Resolution
- 2 HDMI Inputs
- 2:1 Zoom Ratio
Overall, the Z30000 is ideal for home theater environments. Image quality is excellent, 3D images are rich in most environments, and the feature set is robust. Yet, it is three years old, and the specs aren’t as cutting-edge as they were when the projector was first released. With that said, it’s a powerful projector, but there are other options in the price range that might make sense for some buyers.
Looking for a replacement lamp for the Sharp XV-Z30000? MyProjectorLamps is your source. We offer cheap Sharp XV-Z30000 replacement lamps, shipped fast right to your door.