March 30, 2017 10:22 pm
Finding ‘the best projector’ is always a subjective matter, as a projector that is perfect for home cinema isn’t necessarily great for viewing family photos. So the most important step you can take before deciding which projector is right for you is to know what you primarily want to use it for. Certainly if the projector is going to be used inside a classroom, that changes what the key features and functions will be.
For a start, cost is always more of a factor for projectors that are being bought within the education system, so we will focus on projectors that offer good results for good value. They don’t necessarily need to deliver full HD pictures because that’s rarely something that would be useful in a classroom in the same way that it would be at home.
A short-throw lens tends to be preferable as it enables the teacher to have control of the projector near the front of the classroom. The brightness is also something to consider, as most classrooms can be made dark enough for almost any projector to create a clear picture. Classroom projectors will also be used more often than ones at home, so finding a projector with a long lamp life will mean less frequent need for replacements.
Below are some recommendations for the best projectors you can purchase for the classroom:
A mid-range projector in terms of costs, this Epson model offers a lot of quality features that still make it excellent value, not least the WXGA resolution and 3LCD technology to deliver crisp and colorful presentations. It’s also got great connectivity options, allowing for up to four devices to display simultaneously with the teacher having moderation control. That alone makes it well worth spending slightly more than you’d expect for other school projectors with similar visual specs.
Casio EcoLite XJ-V1
This one comes with XGA resolution (ie, not widescreen) which may or may not be a problem depending on the display options in your classrooms. Many are still not able to take advantage of widescreen projectors anyway, so spending the extra money to get one isn’t worthwhile. The Casio EcoLite is a great low budget, low maintenance projector that delivers good brightness, is energy efficient and light enough to be moved around classrooms.
This is a model that offers slightly more advanced visuals, including being 3D Blu Ray ready if your school or college is wanting to take things to the next level. But most importantly, it also delivers great quality picture for presentations with excellent sound, long lamp life and weighs just 4.9 lbs so is very transportable, making it an all-round great choice for a classroom projector.
If you’re looking for a replacement lamp for your existing classroom projector, MyProjectorLamps.com has you covered. Shop with us today and save on top quality lamps!
September 2, 2016 7:57 pm
Are you ready for some football? On September 8th, the new 2016 season will kick off in the NFL when the Denver Broncos play host to the Carolina Panthers in a Superbowl re-match. What better way to watch the game then at a sports bar on a large projector screen?
If you’re a bar owner, this can be a great way to get new patrons. However, you’ll need to make sure your projector is high quality and offers clear imaging. A grainy picture or distorted image will run customers away and they’ll never come back. Remember, fans are serious about watching the game and if you want to show it at your establishment, you’ll need to do it the right way.
Doing it properly starts with the right equipment. Check out the following top projectors for enjoying sporting events. All are LCD or WUXGA projectors with HD capabilities. Along with high picture quality, they are ceiling or wall mountable, have high lumens, and include HDMI connections. Closed optics are also necessary to protect your projector if smoking is allowed in your bar.
Projectors for Large Spaces
If you have a large space, you’ll need to select a projector that has higher lumens such as the NEC NP-PA622U. Some features of this projector include:
- Horizontal/vertical lens shift
The NEC NP-PA622U
Projectors for Medium Spaces
The BenQ SU922 is an ideal projector for medium-sized pubs or bars. Along with exceptional brightness and clarity, this professional quality projector also offers:
- Attractive metallic design
The BenQ SU922
Projectors for Small Spaces
Epson Pro Cinema 6550WU provides perfect color and advanced video processing. It is compact, making it a good choice for smaller venues. Other features of this projector include:
- Centered/locking lens shift
The Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema G6550WU
Finally, don’t fail to invest in a quality screen and sound system.
If you already have a projector for your sports bar and the lamp needs replacing, MyProjectorLamps.com has you covered with an unbeatable selection of high-quality replacement lamps at low, affordable prices. Shop with us today and save!
August 22, 2016 7:20 pm
Technology is crucial in today’s educational environment. Teachers are now using computers daily as a part of their curriculum. Some ways they are using them include:
- Sharing visuals from computer screens including graphs, tables and spreadsheets.
- Data entry and reviewing notes or tests results.
- Live webcams and video streaming.
- Group reading or storytelling.
Each school is different and consequently will have different projector needs. However, there are a few standard features that are important to have for the majority of school projectors.
Ultra-short throw capabilities.
Brightness of 2500 lumens to 4000 lumens (although more is needed for auditoriums and lecture halls).
Portable and lightweight or easily mountable.
XGA or WXGA resolution.
HDMI support or connectivity.
Horizontal/Vertical image correction.
Long bulb life.
Schools are typically in need of high quality projectors at a lower price. The following projectors are efficient, but also budget-friendly. We have chosen our favorites for a variety of class sizes and age groups.
- For small classrooms and elementary schools: The Optoma H27 projector provides a quality projector at a great price. It will work exceptionally well with other media devices including computers and DVD players. It is also easy to set-up, use and operate.
- For colleges, universities or large meeting rooms: The InFocus 5316HDa provides great, quality viewing even from far distances. It also offers high brightness and simple connectivity to other devices.
- High power for science, architecture, art and computer classes: The Epson PowerLite W16 offers WXGA resolution and 3D capability. It is lightweight, portable and will work well with computers, DVD players or tablets. It also includes a remote control for added convenience and ease of use.
If you already have a projector for your classroom and the lamp needs replacing, MyProjectorLamps.com has you covered with an unbeatable selection of high-quality replacement lamps at low, affordable prices. Shop with us today and save!
August 12, 2016 7:46 pm
Whether you’re preparing for a home movie night or looking to set up a projector for a business presentation, you’ll need to choose the right equipment to ensure successful viewing outdoors. If your projector lacks brightness or has poor resolution, your audience will be unable to see the screen clearly.
An outdoor projector should also be mobile and lightweight for easy transport to the backyard or even for taking with you on a camping trip. Since you may have to use a small cart or table to hold it in place, the projector should also be small and compact.
You’ll also want to make sure your projector has built-in speakers for convenient audio listening. If needed, you can always connect an extra speaker for a more powerful sound. To do this, you will need your projector to have audio outputs. To show movies or share your computer screen, it should also have multiple USB ports for connecting a DVD player, laptop, tablet or other electronic device.
Some brands have gone the extra mile in designing projectors specifically for outdoor use. The top 3 projector brands on the market today for the creation and manufacturing of outdoor quality projectors include:
Epson – makes a number of projectors suitable for outdoor use. These all have HD capability and include the Epson MovieMate 85HD, Epson MegaPlex MG-850 HD and the Epson Home Cinema 740HD.
The Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 740HD
Optoma – creates a line of very budget-friendly projectors that are of high enough quality to use outdoors. Some models to consider include the Optoma X341 3000 XGA 3D LDP Projector, the Optoma HD141X and the Optoma EH500 (which works well with larger screens).
The Optoma EH500
BenQ – provides an option for projector owners with a little more money to spend. This brand is a good choice for bigger venues or commercial use. A couple of these outdoor projectors include the BenQ HT2050 and the BenQ W1070.
The BenQ HT2050
If you already have an outdoor projector and the lamp needs replacing, MyProjectorLamps.com has you covered with an unbeatable selection of high-quality replacement lamps at low, affordable prices. Shop with us today and save!
August 2, 2016 8:42 pm
All of us will soon be able to enjoy the 2016 Summer Olympics taking place in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. The games will include a large variety of sporting events with plenty of fierce competition among athletes. When watching history being made at this spectacular event, there is no better way to view it than on a large projector screen. With a projector, you will see all of the vibrant images and colorful decorations displayed in the opening and closing ceremonies as well as fast moving images for every sporting event.
Get ready to watch your favorite Olympians with one of the top projectors for sports viewing. A few things all of these projectors have in common include:
- Multiple HDMI Connections
Some of the top projectors on the market for viewing the 2016 Summer Olympics include:
To upgrade your experience, consider buying a separate speaker to enhance the sound. Some events will also be shown in 4K. A few 4K projectors are presently on the market which include the Epson Pro Cinema LS10000 and the Sony VPL VW350ES.
With warm weather, you may even choose to watch the Olympics outdoors. If this is your plan, you’ll need to ensure your projector has more lumens – 4000 or more would be best. Be sure you choose a location with a level ground and a place to display the event or hang your screen. A potential location could be on the side of a garage or the back of a house.
The Summer Olympics will begin on Friday, August 5th and continue through Sunday, August 21st. You can watch it on NBC channels and their affiliates.
If the projector your using needs a lamp replacement, MyProjectorLamps.com has you covered with an unbeatable selection of high-quality replacement lamps at low, affordable prices. Shop with us today and save!
June 8, 2016 8:39 pm
Summer is just around the corner and many organizations have started preparation for hosting summer camps. As you plan activities, remember that today’s kids are very much intrigued by learning through technology. And although summer camp is usually more about outdoor fun and recreation, incorporating technology in your program will be a smart move to keep participants interested and engaged.
A number of possible ways you can use a projector in your summer program include:
- Outdoor Movie Night – Enjoy an array of entertaining movies after the sun goes down. For easy viewing, you’ll want to make sure your projector offers lots of light (that is over 2000 lumens) and HD capability for better imaging and clear resolution.
- Learning and Instruction Such as Showing an Exercise Video – this can be a great way for kids to engage in learning through the use of movement and can help provide some direction during the program.
- Reading an E-Book to a Large Group – some e-book applications can be hooked up to a projector using an HDMI output
- Playing Video Games – Play a variety of games outdoors with a projector and screen. To do this, your projector will need to have an HDMI connection for your video player.
- Showing Slide Shows – this can be a fun, interactive activity which can be used to tell a story or help children learn.
When selecting a projector, you’ll want to choose one that is portable. It will also need to be hardy, durable and able to withstand frequent use. Additionally, it will need to have 2-3 ports for possible connections to computers, DVD players and gaming systems. Finally, it must be suitable for use in both indoor and outdoor environments, and should offer 2,000 lumens or more for better visibility. Some great projector choices for summer camps include:
- ViewSonic PJD5533W – provides good resolution and brightness, and has plenty of connectivity choices for a value-priced data projector.
- Optoma HD20 or HD71 – This is easily enough light for a 135″ diagonal screen in a room with good light control, or a 100″ diagonal screen in a room with some ambient light. Even more noteworthy, the HD20’s Cinema mode still delivers a substantial 505 lumens, even in low lamp mode. So you get a very bright image and longer lamp life all at once.
- Epson MovieMate 72 – The MovieMate 72 integrates an LCD-based projector, DVD player, audio system, and stereo speakers into a single box. Almost all you have to do to set it up is plug it in, point it at a screen—or a blank wall in a pinch—and insert a DVD.
- Panasonic PT-AX200U – this projector offers a few new features at a much lower price. Most of the specs are still the same-2000 ANSI lumens maximum light output, 1280x720p resolution LCD panels, and a very quiet fan. It is a video projector uniquely designed for a wide range of home entertainment uses.
If you already have a projector but the lamp needs replacing, MyProjectorLamps.com has you covered with an unbeatable selection of high-quality replacement lamps at low, affordable prices. Shop with us today and save!
May 26, 2016 7:28 pm
Summer will soon be upon us and many families will be heading to campgrounds to enjoy some quality time together. During the day your family can enjoy a variety of outdoor activities from swimming to horseback riding. But come sundown, you may be looking for things to do.
Take with you a portable projector for tons of evening fun! Here are a few things you can do if you have a projector and screen set up at your campsite.
- Movie Night – Enjoy an array of entertaining movies after the sun goes down. For easy viewing, you’ll want to make sure your projector offers lots of light (that is over 2000 lumens) and HD capability for better imaging and clear resolution.
- Video Games – Have a video game contest. Play a variety of games outdoors with a projector and screen. To do this, your projector will need to have an HDMI connection for your video player.
- Photographs – Go through the family album on the big screen. What fun it will be to view photos of your closest friends and relatives on a large screen! To ensure crisp images with vivid color, choose a projector with a contrast ratio of 10,000:1.
There are no “outdoor” projectors on the market today. However, there are many that meet all of the above criteria which are lightweight and hardy enough to go from indoors to outdoors. This includes:
Does your portable projector lamp need replacing? MyProjectorLamps.com has you covered with an unbeatable selection of high-quality replacement lamps at low, affordable prices. Shop with us today and save!
May 3, 2016 5:53 pm
With the cost of movie theater tickets constantly rising, many families are building their own, at home movie theaters. Streaming services such as Hulu and Netflix are also increasing the popularity of these rooms.
If you enjoy watching action films, you’ll want to ensure you have vibrant imaging and dynamic sound in order to enjoy all of the fast-paced movement within the film. To do this, you’ll need to choose a projector with many new high-tech features such as:
- Brightness for better contrast.
- High-speed, auto iris function.
- Deep blacks for enhanced imaging.
- Motion technology to minimize or eliminate blurred imaging.
- Surround sound.
Make your home entertainment center the envy of all your family and friends by choosing the best projectors for watching popular, fast-moving action films and TV shows. Some top projectors to consider include:
- Sony Full HD SXRD Home Cinema Projector
- Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500UB 1080p 3LCD Home Theater Projector
- Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3600e 3D-1080p LCD Projector
Make sure to shop for replacement projector lamps at MyProjectorLamps.com. We offer an unbeatable selection, the most affordable prices, and fast shipping. We’ve got you covered!
April 19, 2016 9:44 pm
Today’s projectors come in a variety of sizes for ease of use and portability. Some are small enough to even fit in the palm of your hand. However, over the years, many portable projectors have lacked in quality making them an unpopular choice with consumers.
But as technology becomes more advanced, these smaller projectors are offering better picture quality. These include pico projectors which are best in darker rooms and on smaller screens, as well as the pocket projectors which are slightly larger and brighter.
Features of these top projectors include a weight of about five to six pounds. With connection ports, most can connect with and show video from your smartphone or tablet. For added convenience, some offer a rechargeable battery allowing for use when AC power is unavailable. These can be carried along with you in a backpack, laptop or briefcase.
Here are a few portable projectors to choose from:
- UO Smart Beam Laser Projector (Pocket Size)
- Epson EX7240 Pro Portable Projector
- AAXA P300 (Pico Projector)
- ASUS S1 Mobile LED Projector (Pocket Size)
- Epson PowerLite 1761W Multimedia Projector
Shop for replacement projector lamps at MyProjectorLamps.com. We offer an unbeatable selection, the most affordable prices, and fast shipping. We’ve got you covered!
April 14, 2016 7:20 pm
The puck has dropped on the 2016 National Hockey League playoffs, and there is nothing like watching all the action on a large, bright screen. Today, most homeowners don’t invest in large screen televisions although they are cheaper than projector systems. Why? Projector screens are bigger than large screen televisions and are even easier on the eyes.
What are the Best Projectors for The Playoffs
You still have time to set up your projector system for the NHL post-season. However, hockey can be one of the most challenging sports to watch on a large screen. The fast action on a white ice surface can produce a difficult effect for quality viewing. This is especially true with very large screens. Consequently, you’ll want to invest in a better system to get a quality picture. Some features for improvement should include full HD support, 3D capability, strong DLP technology and frame interpolation.
Below, are a few projectors that offer all of these qualities.
1. The Optoma HD50 Home Theater Projector (Mid-range price)
2. The Sony VPL-VW350ES (Many added features but a higher cost)
3. Epson MovieMate 85HD 720p 3LCD (The most economical)
Shop for replacement projector lamps at MyProjectorLamps.com. We offer an unbeatable selection, the most affordable prices, and fast shipping. We’ve got you covered!