MyProjectorLamps.com has a biannual scholarship and will award $500 to two (2) students who best explore a topic we select. If you are a student and are interested in this scholarship opportunity, please follow the guidelines listed below.
MyProjectorLamps.com is the leading online retailer of projector lamps, bulbs, and TV projection lamps in the United States. We are proud to offer high-quality projector lighting products to a diverse client base including educators, military personnel, religious organizations, and more.
The Essay Topic:
Our scholarship contest challenges entrants to create a one page essay detailing your ideas about the use of multimedia and data visualization in K-12 classrooms. Explore modern teaching methods and propose specific ideas for visual and interactive presentation in K-12 classrooms for improved knowledge retention.
Include one printed image of the multimedia used in your classroom.
Criteria for inquiring participants must include:
- Minimum age of fourteen years (to date) or older.
- Currently attending an accredited U.S. program: i.e. high school, college or university.
- Considered in "Good Standing" at current institution- i.e. not on academic probation or suspension.
- A minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher.
- Must follow or ‘LIKE’ the MyProjectorLamps Facebook page.
- Postmarked by April 15th, 2018 for the Spring scholarship and by October 31st, 2018 for the Fall scholarship.
Further information to consider:
- All information regarding participation can found on this page (a printable version is not available) or on the MyProjectorLamps Facebook page.
- Winners will be announced on the MyProjectorLamps Facebook page.
- All qualified applicants will be considered.
- Only mailed/written responses with your contact information will be considered.
- Other forms of responses/information (other than what is mentioned above) will not be considered: i.e. resumes, recommendations, financial history, etc.
Items to submit:
- A cover letter should be attached to all applications which includes: first and last name, school name, grade, email address, and phone number.
- Applicants must send a typed version of their essay.
- Attach one printed image of the multimedia used in your classroom.
- A transcript or statement of your GPA from your school must be included (unofficial transcripts are also accepted).
- There is NO application form or sheet
Please mail your application to the following address:
ATTN: Scholarship Awards
1000 Lincoln Rd Suite 250
Miami Beach FL 33139
For more information about scholarships and resources to help students find which college is right for them, check out this free scholarship database: Cappex.com