Biannual MyProjectorLamps Scholarship
MyProjectorLamps.com announces a biannual scholarship and will award $500 to two students who best explore a topic we select. If you are a student and are interested in this scholarship opportunity, please follow the guidelines listed below.
MyProjectorLamps.com is the leading online retailer of projector lamps, bulbs, and TV projection lamps in the United States alone. We are proud to offer high-quality projector lighting products to a diverse client base including educators, military personnel, religious organizations, and more.
The Essay Topic:
Our scholarship contest challenges entrants to create a one page essay detailing your ideas about the use of multimedia and data visualization in K-12 classrooms. Explore modern teaching methods and propose specific ideas for visual and interactive presentation in K-12 classrooms for improved knowledge retention.
Include one printed image of the multimedia used in your classroom.
Criteria for inquiring participants must include:
Further information to consider:
- Minimum age of sixteen years (to date) or older.
- Currently attending an accredited U.S. program: i.e. high school, college or university.
- Be in the final year of high school or enrolled as an undergraduate in the U.S.
- Considered in "Good Standing" at current institution- i.e. not on academic probation or suspension.
- A minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher.
- Must follow or ‘LIKE’ the MyProjectorLamps Facebook page.
- Postmarked by October 31st, 2015 for the Fall 2015 scholarship and by May 1st, 2016 for the Spring 2016 scholarship.
Items to submit:
- All information regarding participation can found on this page (a printable version is not available) or on the MyProjectorLamps Facebook page.
- Winners will be announced on the MyProjectorLamps Facebook page.
- All qualified applicants will be considered.
- Only mailed/written responses with your contact information will be considered.
- Other forms of responses/information (other than what is mentioned above) will not be considered: i.e. resumes, recommendations, financial history, etc.
- A cover letter should be attached to all applications which includes: first and last name, school name, grade, email address, and phone number.
- Applicants must send a typed version of their essay (in the case of possible publishing, please save a digital copy).
- Attach one printed image of the multimedia used in your classroom.
- A transcript or statement of your GPA from your school must be included (unofficial transcripts are also accepted).
- There is NO application form or sheet
Please mail your application to the following address:
ATTN: Scholarship Awards
Suite 250, 1000 Lincoln Rd.
Miami Beach, FL, USA
For more information about scholarships and resources to help students find which college is right for them, check out this free scholarship database: Cappex.com